Good Student Discount – Underwriting Guidelines
A 10% discount will be offered when a policy has a rated inexperienced operator (Class 17-26) who is a full time student in either high school, college / university who provides a certified statement from a school official. The discount will be applied on the date the qualifying documents are received. This Discount applies to coverage parts 1,2,4,5,7,8, and 9.
Apply Today: Good Student Discount Form
ANY questions please call us at (800) 508-2926 (BYAM) or info@ByamInsurance.com
- Voluntary & MAIP policies rated with CIC Rates
- PP Vehicles rated w/ inexperienced Classes 17-26
- Discount applies to vehicle assigned to the rated driver that qualifies for the discount
Commerce must be provided with either the Commerce Good Student Application or other certified statement (transcript or report card), for the most recent grading period, from a school official indicating that the student has met at least one of the following requirements:
a. Is in the upper 20% of his or her class scholastically; or
b. Maintains a “B” average or higher, or its equivalent, or if the letter grading system cannot be averaged then no grade is below a “B”; or
c. Maintains a numerical grade point average or “3”, in a system assigning numerical grade points of 4, 3, 2, and 1; or
d. Was included on the “Dean’s List”, “Honor Roll”, or comparable list indicating scholastic achievement.
For Home Schooled students, two certification options are available:
a. A standardized form certified by a 3rd party organization showing evidence that one of the above-listed qualifications has been satisfied; or
b. Evidence of the student scoring in the upper 20% on an annual national standardized exam.
- Continuing eligibility for this discount must be validated by the agency annually prior to the renewal of the policy.
- This discount cannot be applied in conjunction with the Student Away from Home Discount.
- Manually issued policies are not eligible.